A big happy birthday to the WordPress mayor!
Yes, WP Mayor is 2 years old. It’s been another great year and all the work put into this website has been well worth the time. I also spoke at WordCamp Seville this year, which was a great experience.
A lot of content was produced this year, and this had a positive impact on the blog, as readership levels have gone up.
We also have a new logo, designed by Kenneth Cachia, thanks!
Here are some of our achievements during the past year:
- A steady rise in traffic, reaching and going past the 25,000 unique visitors/month mark (Google Analytics).
- Around 350 published posts.
- Twitter followers: 13,745+
- 955+ comments (thanks!)
- Alexa Rank: 38,764
If you’re interested in how things changed from last year, you can see some stats on last year’s birthday post.
Another development this year was the launch of WP RSS Aggregator, a free plugin that did quite well with upwards of 12,000 downloads.
Want to support the growth of WPMayor? There are several options for doing so:
- By purchasing our ad spaces on BuySellAds.com
- Making use of our WordPress services
- Writing a guest post
- Participating through comments
- Letting us know what you want us to talk about
- Joining us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+
and most importantly, keep on reading our posts about WordPress!
During the past months we’ve also been actively promoting daily WordPress jobs available all around the globe, seeing that the majority of our readers are WP developers, designers and bloggers.
Cheers to another successful year!
Do you have any feedback? Let us know in the comments section below, we’re all ears! Any comments on how we can improve our site are very welcome!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure to subscribe to WP Mayor’s RSS feed.